Thursday, August 16, 2012

Terra Cotta Clay Pot Fun

Of course your tailgating treats have to taste yummy, but they also need to be displayed in an elegant and organized fashion. Many Grovers pay lots of money for their food stands and silver platters, but there are also many budget friendly DIY projects you can use.
These terra cotta clay pot food stands are one of my favorites! They are very easy to make, extremely durable, and they work great for all sorts of appetizers and treats!



There are many different ways to make these "cake stands". Joshua Trent's tutorial is one way to make them. (Of course you'll probably want to use Ole Miss blue and red color instead of the sea blue Joshua uses!)


Using clay pots to makes these stands is very versatile. You can buy different size pots and plates, and vary them by height as well. I used Gorilla Glue (can be found at Home Depot or Wal-Mart) instead of the caulking. The Gorilla Glue takes longer to dry, but it's cheaper and can be used for many other projects. I also painted my stands with basic acrylic paint (Wal-Mart) instead of spray paint. I did not put a clear coat on my stands, instead a bought some Ole Miss fabric and sewed a quick little scarf to lay over the base of the stand and place the food onto. Here you can see some of my stands in my Grove tent:


Here's another fun Ole Miss project you can make using clay pots! I haven't tried this one yet, but it's definitely on my list!




1 comment:

  1. Hotty Toddy!! Can't wait until Saturday!!!
    Cutest ideas!!
    Deborah Carr

    ReplyDelete